First of all, congratulations on a wonderful concert last Thursday evening. I think we all sensed a special chemistry with that audience. Also, special kudos to Reese, Mark, Colin, Stasi and Chris for their fine quintet performance with the Symphonic Band!
As you know, our proposed program for the Midwest Clinic was approved without any changes! For our December 1st concert, we will add some more of the pieces that will be on our Midwest Clinic concert.
Sun., Nov. 3 6:30–9:00 p.m. (University of Louisville – LL65)
Sun., Nov. 10 6:30–9:00 p.m. (University of Louisville – LL65)
Sun., Nov. 24 6:30–9:00 p.m. (University of Louisville – LL65)
Sun., Dec. 1 3:00–5:30 p.m. (Ballard High School Fine Arts Center)
Sun., Dec. 1 7:00 p.m. (Ballard High School Fine Arts Center)
The Ballard HS Wind Ensemble will begin the concert. I anticipate that we will be onstage at around 7:30 pm. Music will be sent out soon. The selections will include:
- Yankee Doodle by Morton Gould
- Jennie’s Bawbee & Peascod’s Galliarda by Kenneth Hesketh
- John Riley (with Wayfaring Stranger) by Brant Karrick (Acton Ostling, Jr., conductor)
- Très Moutarde by Cecil Macklin (Nan Moore, conductor)
- The Chimes of Liberty by Edwin Franko Goldman
- Scherzo by Edwin Franko Goldman (David Centers, euphonium)
- Finale from Symphony No. 1 by Vasily Kalinnikov
We will probably also include Solo una Volta! (Only Once!) by Yasuhide Ito as an encore number.
As you know, as we prepare for our Midwest Clinic performance, all of our rehearsals are very important. For this concert we have only 3, plus a dress on the day of the show. Please write back directly to me to confirm your availability for our rehearsals and the concert at: firstname.lastname@example.org